Cookies consist of pieces of text, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
mySircles use only session cookies on this website. mySircles may send to you the following cookies:
(1) JSESSION_ID cookie
(2) Facebook session cookie
(3) LinkedIn session cookie
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by mySircles, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
mySircles may use the information obtain from your use of mySircles cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit the mySircles website;
(2) to improve the mySircles website’s usability;
(3) to analyse the use of the mySircles website;
(4) to connect to 3rd party services of benefit;
Third party cookies
When you use mySircles website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
mySircles use Google Analytics to track visitors experience so mySircles can continually improve our site and provide you with the most relevant information.
This site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets number of cookies (default is 4) in order to evaluate your use of the site and compile reports for mySircles on activity on the site.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Inc are members of the US Safe Harbor Scheme.
This scheme allows the transfer of data from within the EEA to countries that are outside of the EEA without having to enter into a specific data transfer agreement. Companies that sign up to the scheme are deemed to provide adequate protection for personal data transmitted from Europe.
Google Inc’s registration is a http://safeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?id=10543.
For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics please go to: http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html.
Google has also created their own opt-out plugin that you can get from: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Google Chrome you can block all cookies by clicking “:”, “Settings”, “Advanced”, “Content Settings”, “Cookies”, and un-selecting “Allow sites to save and read cookie data” on the right side switch.
Blocking all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the password feature on the mySircles site, some navigation paths will stop, some 3rd party service like Facebook and LinkedIn will stop working.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Google Chrome, you can delete cookies by clicking “:”, “Settings”, “Advanced”, “Content Settings”, “Cookies”, “See all cookies and site data” and then selecting the individual cookie to be deleted or “REMOVE ALL”.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites as cookies are need for operation of most modern websites/3rd party integration features.
Your personal details
By entering your data on forms contained on this website you are ‘opting in’ to receive communications directly from mySircles. Your data will be treated confidentially and not be shared with any third parties without your prior consent.
If you have any questions about mySircles cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us.
Thank you for taking the time to read the mySircles legal statement.